No time left to buy wrapping paper for your gifts? How about you make your own in only a couple of minutes? You will need a couple of items from your kitchen (aka dish soap, straw and a bowl) to get making your own bubble art gift wrap. So we are talking dirt cheap here. What’s great about this project is that you can spend this weekend with your kid to create these gift wraps, a fun time for all. Here is how you can make your own by following the steps in the video below.
- Acrylic paint
- Dish soap
- Bowl (disposable or don’t use this bowl for serving food again)
- In a bowl pour around 2 tablespoons of paint and follow that with 1 tablespoon of dish soap. Pour water and mix well with your straw.
- Keep your paper next to you. Now gently blow air through the straw this way avoiding splashing the paint all over. Keep blowing till you reach a level slightly above the rim of the bowl.
- Now quickly slap the paper over the bubbles. Repeat step 2-3 to get the desired amount of bubble texture printed in your paper.
- Try this with different colors to make a pack of bubble art gift wrap. You may also use two complementary colors in one paper. However, you like it.
- After your paper has all dried. pick up your tape and matching color ribbons to wrap your gifts.
This was one fun way to make your own unique and colorful gift wrap for cheap. My suggestion would be to use highly pigmented and saturated colors for this projects to get the best effect. I tried it with a pastel green paint and I could barely see the texture of the bubble on the paper so that’s there. You can also try last years colorful pom pom gift wrap
And happy holidays:)