Thanksgiving is around the corner and it couldn’t be a better time for me to share this easy and quick way of making place card holders for your guests. And the good part is that this project is one of those that cost me nothing to make. I already had the supplies needed except for the pine branch and firethorn that I could find abundantly outside for free that is the beauty of autumn. Click on the video to see the step by step process of making these copper pine branch place card holders
- Copper wire
- Pine branch and firethorn
- Florist’s wire
- Glass cup
- Gold pen
- Black pen
- Wrap around your copper wire around a glass container (that has been previously matched with your plates making them a good pair). Cut an extra inch from this measurement and have it twisted on its own tail to secure.
- Next up trim three little sprigs of your pine branch. With the help of a florist wire secure one spring on one end and two other on the other.
- Then you want to trim and secure a single bunch of firethorn right in the middle where the tails of the sprigs meet.
- Repeat the last three steps to make a dozen of them, just kidding! The number of guests you are expecting.
- Lastly, write the name of your guest with a black pen and have the edges painted in gold. And place it right in the middle of the little copper pine branch wreath place card holders that we made earlier.
I would recommend you make this on the day of the event as they can dry out within a day.
I would love to know what you think about this place card holders. Aren’t they the easiest to make?