If there is one thing that I like the most about winter next to hot chocolate drink is hanging string lights at my home for that cozy and warm vibes that it brings along. But string lights come in standard neutral shade string with no personality. This is where I thought why not cover it up with cedar branches? And anyways ever since I have used it for this project its sweet smell has stuck with me and pine for an opportunity to use it up again. Now not wanting the bulbs to get lost amidst greenery it made more sense to accentuate them by encasing them in a diamond shape ornament that I could instantly make with popsicles sticks. See the below video and written steps for further guidance.
- String light (battery powered)
- Seeded cedar branches
- Popsicle stick
- Glue gun
- Florist wire
- Align two popsicles one top of each other and glue them down together. In order to maintain the exact measurement throughout I placed the rest of the sticks on top of the original one and recreated from there. Then I took two pair of V sticks and glued the ends together to create a diamond shape ornament.
- Next up, we want to draw attention off the string so by the magic of hot glue gun we dress it up with some twine.
- Here comes my favorite part, where my hands soak up the perfume of the seeded cedar. Grab your florist wire and with the help of a pair of pliers wrap 3-4′ inch long cedar stems around the string light until secure. Repeat until you have it wrapped completely.
- Lastly, apply a streak of glue over your diamond popsicles, adjust the bulb right in the middle of the inverted V of the ornament and push to adhere. Repeat for all.
Now you got yourself a luscious green foraged diamond string light to hung anywhere you desire…. across your mantel, behind your TV, above your bed, by the window basically the possibilities are endless.
Let me know if you like it and do share with me if you make it.