I’m having a serious obsession with pom poms lately. I can’t seem to get enough of them, the more I make the more the more ideas pop up. I am thinking I should either embrace them all at once or drop a pom pom project every couple of months. The later is what I will work on so that I don’t bore you for lack of variety. But for now, let’s dive into the pom pom drop earrings trend with a little brass treatment. And what’s so exciting is that I have collaborated with Darby app to present you my project in the form of a video. That’s right with video content taking over the blogging world, it’s about time I embrace it too.
Find all the steps for making your own pom pom brass earrings in the video below. Don’t forget to download the Darby app and follow me there for more fun projects.
- Yarn of your choice
- Pom Pom maker
- Tube cutter
- Brass tube
- X-acto knife
- Wide-eyed needle
- Earring hooks
Here watch the video for more deets
1. Start by wrapping the yarn of your chance around the arches of the pom pom maker around 25o times on each side. Slit the wounded yarn in half with a sharp scissor or x-acto knife. Tie around a long piece of yarn around the waist of the bunch and knot a several times to hold them all together.
2. Give your pom poms a good trim with a pair of sharp scissors ( make sure they end up the same size )
3. Measure and cut around 2.5 inches of brass tube with a tube cutter and further cut it into a half.
4. Now thread your wide-eyed needle with one of the loose yarn end and cut off the other
5. With the help of pliers open the earring hook and insert yarn. Tie several knots to secure. Close the earring hook and trim off the excess yarn.
Voila! You now have a pair of beautiful dangling pom pom brass earrings that could have cost you around $100. I had all the materials in my craft stash except earring hooks that cost me only $1 pretty impressive it is!
And if you can’t source brass you can use a delicate chain instead and it would turn out great as well. Call your girlfriends home for a pom pom party and make away a bunch using multiple colors and metals. You can’t get this wrong
Don’t forget to a put a pin on it!