Whether you are a student or work all day long you know many times you may have ended up with a dead phone. Especially if you forget to carry your cable which is honestly one big tangly hustle to keep up with it. This tassel cable portable charger can be your savior for such days. Not to mention if you are traveling and have this baby by your side along with a portable charger you can avert unwanted missed calls, messages, e-mails and what not. Not convinced? Tassel and Then get this: bag charms are really hot now if you haven’t already. Make this first and you can thank me later
- Leather scraps
- Portable charger
- E6000 glue
- Lay down your leather scrap and measure a rectangle in the size range of 6X9 inches (this measurement corresponds to my cable and may vary). Mark and keep aside 1 inch at the top that would not be cut.
- Place your ruler on that 1-inch mark and divide the remaining 5 inches of length into columns by 1/4 of an inch. Draw straight lines for reference.
- Trim off the excess leather from around the rectangle. And begin to cut the 1/4 inch stripes until you reach the last bit.
- The measurement for the loop will depend on how far/close you want the tassel to hang from the bag. I choose a pink leather for the loop to add an extra element of appeal (who doesn’t like colorblocking)
- Split the cable in half and tie with a tape for ease (I didn’t realize I had skipped this step) Lay down your cable and theloop and glue them down with a strong glue like E6000 (for a long lasting tassel).
- Roll the tassel, tie it further with tape/rubber band and keep aside to dry as per the written instructions of your glue.
Tie your tassel around your bag and never run out of charge. Did I mention, this could make a great gift for your friend who is not only tech savvy but a fashionista. Trust me she will love it.
P.s. Do note that this tassel is only for the cable and by itself won’t charge your phone. Always remember to carry your portable charger with you or find a USB outlet for it work.
Let me know