Let’s talk in soap language today. First off, make! The word by which my whole blog revolves around and the reason why you are here. Make what you ask? Make these marbled alphabet soaps you guys! I had first spotted the alphabet soap idea at my friend, Fran’s blog. And found it really interesting especially having come to love the gold detailing. So, I thought I would give it a try the good old marble way because we still can’t get enough of it come to the end of 2017. And you would not believe how easy it is to make. My first soap project involved a cutter but I can tell you after processing through this on that e ready-made molds can hands-down make your life much easier. Check out the video below for details and for more fun videos follow my channel at the Darby app
- White soap base
- Soap colors
- Alphabet mold
- Essential oils
- Popsicle stick
- Measuring cup
- Cut your white soap base into smaller chunks and put in a microwave-oven safe cup. Set your microwave for 20-30 seconds for the soap to melt.
- Drop in 10-15 drops of your desired essential oil and mix it very well.
- Clean you mold free of any dust. Put 2-3 drops of your soap color at far each end. You can also use two complementary colors for more color.
- Pour your soap base directly on top of the droplets and the let the colors mix by themselves. You can poke a popsicle stick inside and swirl it a bit to get the colors infused if they don’t by themselves.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and then pop it in your freezer, taking care that you avoid shaking it as much as possible. Let it sit for another 10-15 minutes and this way the soaps will take form faster.
- Remove it from the mold carefully.
Next, it is upon you if you wish to pack it up and gift to your loved ones or keep these cuties for yourself. But if you do pack them as a gift you can personalize by giving them their own names instead of a random arrangement of letters. You could also make use of words of encouragement and kindness, after all, it can mean a lot to some folks out there. And cheer up anyone’s day.
Let us know what you think below.